Thursday, February 17, 2005

Laying the foundation

How this blog will be just like so many other blogs:
  • I will talk a lot about my kids.
  • There will be curious gaps in my narrative – very little talk about work, etc.
  • Most of the pictures of me will be those strange self-portraits where I am staring at myself in the mirror.
  • I'll probably end up posting the typical "letters to my child" on the boys' big days, like birthdays. And the letters, they will be cheesy.

Sadly, I could only think of a few things that will make this blog different from most of the other blogs I read:

  • I'm not going to pretend that I listen to music from a lot of cool independent artists, because I don't.
  • I will not swear.
  • I am writing this for myself, not for others. Actually, one big reason I have started a blog is that I am hoping to do my doctoral dissertation on blogging and knowledge sharing in organizations. I'm also kicking around the idea of incorporating blogging into one of the courses that I teach, and I think the best way to get a handle on how blogging might help students is to blog myself and see how it helps me.

3 Comments:

Blogger lisagonzo08791885 said...

I read your blog, and i thought it was rather cool. check out My Blog
Please Click Here to view it

Have a Great Day

4:39 AM  
Blogger joeprehiem26020982 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

10:19 AM  
Blogger kevingibson6285 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home