Laying the foundation
- I will talk a lot about my kids.
- There will be curious gaps in my narrative – very little talk about work, etc.
- Most of the pictures of me will be those strange self-portraits where I am staring at myself in the mirror.
- I'll probably end up posting the typical "letters to my child" on the boys' big days, like birthdays. And the letters, they will be cheesy.
Sadly, I could only think of a few things that will make this blog different from most of the other blogs I read:
- I'm not going to pretend that I listen to music from a lot of cool independent artists, because I don't.
- I will not swear.
- I am writing this for myself, not for others. Actually, one big reason I have started a blog is that I am hoping to do my doctoral dissertation on blogging and knowledge sharing in organizations. I'm also kicking around the idea of incorporating blogging into one of the courses that I teach, and I think the best way to get a handle on how blogging might help students is to blog myself and see how it helps me.