Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Starting up and out of gas

It seems silly to start blogging now when I'm busier than I've ever been in my life. Sometimes I feel like I'm busier than anyone's been in anyone's life, but I know that's ridiculous and just a stinky, self-centered outlook on life anyway.

Now that I've typed my first two lines into my brand-spanking-new blog, I am already feeling satisfied with the name I chose. I hate choosing clever (well, mine are typically not at all clever) nicknames and have always considered myself a non-crafty person in general (don't ask me why I associate being able to choose clever names with being crafty, but I do). Anyway, though, I have been completely distracted the whole time I've been typing. I'm sitting on my couch, working on some school work, and watching my husband fog up the house with a can of Lysol while my 22-month old (Aiden) chases him around.

Why the Lysol? The Lysol is a necessity at this point because my 4-year old (Ethan) puked all over about an hour ago. Now that the puke has passed, though, Ethan is in great spirits and can't stop telling me about the stupid show (Digimon) on tv. Normally he would not be watching a show like this, but he was sick and I turned on the tv for him and let him get totally engrossed in whatever was on. Not a great parenting choice, I know. Anyway, I can tell he thinks that if he keeps telling me about these characters and the cool action they're involved in that I will grow to love this show and let him watch it whenever he wants. Not likely, Ethan, but I'll give you that bad news after your poor little belly is feeling better. I have a hard time being strict when there is a puke bucket right next to his little head, you know.

So, could I be more distracted? I don't know if I have the stamina, time, or overall writing ability to continue this journal. I feel like my tank is on E already. But we'll see.

3 Comments:

Blogger seb said...

Nice title. Go with the self-centered thing - it's what everyone else seems to do...

Congrats on a comment on yer first day too. I waited months for my first stoopid comment :)

6:28 PM  
Blogger Clearly Distracted said...

Holy cow, seb - I thought something was wrong when I saw the comment. Thanks for the good start. :)

6:50 PM  
Blogger marry said...

Blogs are so informative where we get lots of information on any topic. Nice job keep it up!!

_____________________________

Dissertation Proposal

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home